10 facts about Carnival Queen Earlyca Frederick
The 2018 National Carnival Queen pageant culminated on Saturday, June 30, 2018 with Ms FICS, Earlyca Frederick claiming the crown.
Frederick finished with 718.5 points beating out First Runner up Miss Vybe Radio Cathlina Lawrence (684 points); Second Runner up Miss Massy Stores Pauline Francis (683.5 points) and Third Runner up Ms Crystal Clear Tasha Fanus (668.5 points).
Frederick also won Best Evening Gown and Best Swimwear.
Here are ten facts about our new Carnival Queen:
1. Frederick is from Choiseul and is 19-years-old.
2. She is an alumna of Choiseul Secondary School and Vieux Fort Comprehensive Secondary School A-Level Department.
3. Frederick aims to earn a law degree and become a defence attorney.
4. Frederick grew up in a pageant family and won her first pageant at age three.
5. Frederick has been a lifelong pageant enthusiast and was crowned Miss Choiseul Secondary, Miss VFCSS 2016 and placed 1st Runner up Miss Independence 2018.
6. Frederick dreams of representing St Lucia in the Miss Universe pageant.
7. Frederick follows in the footsteps of National Queens from Choiseul: Shirnaya Stephen, who won in 2003 and Tyler Theophane – also sponsored by FICS – who won in 2016.
8. Frederick was taken on a tour of both FICS locations (Rodney Bay and Castries), accompanied by Theophane.
9. She congratulated her fellow contestants following her win on Instagram saying: “Sisters!!!!!! What started as 9 strangers coming together on an uncharted journey, blossomed into a beautiful sisterhood. None of us knew what we signed up for and at different points we were all ready to be done with the entire thing but we stuck through it and made it to the other side wiser and stronger than before. I want to say congratulations to all of you because outside of the crown we were all able to achieve some small goal or victory having gone through this process.”
10. Frederick offered thanks to those who helped her on her journey on Instagram following her win: “It would be remiss of me, to not take a moment to say thank you to everyone who was an integral part of this journey. Firstly to my sponsor FICS, not only for your financial contribution, but for welcoming me with open arms into the FICS family and for all the encouragement and advice along the way. Because of you, I will always dare to be Firm and Upright. To my team: Danyelle Dubois (talent), Dylan Pitcairn (costume), Eleanor McQuilkin (gown) thank you for your hard work and dedication to getting me stage ready. My chaperone, Sannyu James @cijiwhitney , you always challenged me to do better than my best and kept me grounded and focused on the goal. To the Queen show committee and events company of st.lucia, thank you for every workshop, pep talk, training session, activity and event which we were exposed to on this journey. Choiseul!!!!!!!!! Where would I be without all of your love and support? You believed in me even when I doubted myself. Thank You! To my family, my bestie, my loved ones, Thank you! Thank You! Thank You! And to all of my supporters and well wishers, thank you for joining me on this journey. We did it!!!!!!!!!”