11 facts about Miss Universe Saint Lucia
Miss Universe 2017 is just days away.
This year’s pageant, the sixty-sixth edition, will be staged on Sunday, November 26, 2017, in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States with Saint Lucia in competition for the sixth time.
Representing Saint Lucia is the stunning, intelligent and warm Louise Victor, who is hoping to make national history by making it to the final round of sixteen for the first time.
Victor is a woman of both beauty and substance and has made her presence known in Saint Lucia beyond her distinguished pageant career in giving back to her community. Here are 11 facts about what we hope is the next Miss Universe, Louise Victor:
1. Louise grew up in Micoud and attended the Vieux Fort Comprehensive Secondary School.
2. Louise earned a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with Honours from Monroe College in New York.
3. Louise has worked as a Marketing Executive at Digicel. She has also worked for Axcel Finance and Lime.
4. Louise’s goal is to be a global Public Relations consultant for the likes of UNICEF, the Olympics, the World Cup and FIFA.
5. To that end, Louise is pursuing a Master of Arts in International Public Relations and Global Communications Management at Cardiff University in Wales.
6. She is studying in Wales having secured a prestigious Chevening Scholarship which is geared toward producing "high-calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership."
7. The 26-year-old is the most recent past president of the National Youth Council (NYC).
8. A pageant veteran, Louise was the 2010 National Carnival Queen and second runner-up in the Miss Caribbean Culture Pageant in 2012, where she also won the Best Swimwear award. She won Miss Caribbean Tourism in 2013. She was first runner-up for Miss Universe Saint Lucia 2014 and made it to the grand stage by winning Miss Universe Saint Lucia 2017 on July 31 of this year.
9. She is a believer in visualization and affirmations which she credits for helping her achieve her goals and dreams.
10. Her mentor is Karlyn Percil, a Lucian Success Coach based in Toronto.
11. Victor is motivated to win so as to represent and shine a light on Saint Lucia as well as to become the sixth-ever black Miss Universe.
Louise richly deserves the crown. Check out the story below for details on how you can vote for Louise to send her to the semi-finals.