Government commends progress on improved water supply
The Government has congratulated the Water & Sewerage Company as well as the Hon. Ezechiel Joseph, the minister with responsibility for WASCO for their hard work and commitment to improve the water supply across Saint Lucia.
Since assuming office in June 2016, the United Workers Party government has kept its Manifesto promise of improving and sustaining the island’s water supply.
Multiple projects have been undertaken, including:
- the recent completion of the Ti Rocher, Micoud Water Supply Improvement Project which had been delayed for over 10 years.
- the ongoing rehabilitation of the John Compton Dam
- the Dennery North water supply project now in its second phase.
- the ongoing project for Bouton Soufriere
- commencement of the long awaited Vieux Fort Water Supply Project, currently in the tendering stage, which will benefit many more communities.
- the recent completion of water improvement projects in Babonneau, Millet, La Borne Monchy, Morne Fortune, Choiseul, Canaries and Dennery.
The United Workers Party also encouraged Prime Minister Allen Chastanet and his team of Workers to remain focused on their mission to improve the lives of every St Lucian.
By improving Saint Lucia’s water supply, they say, citizens will benefit from improved living and sanitation conditions, as well as economic benefits in agriculture, construction and tourism.