Try this delicious Asian Surf And Turf (Shrimp & Beef Stir Fry Recipe) courtesy Savory Tooth:
Asian Surf And Turf (Shrimp & Beef Stir Fry Recipe)
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 servings
Calories 500 kcal
3/4 pound flank steak
3/4 pound fresh shrimp
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 thinly sliced scallions (about 3/4 cup)
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons sugar equivalent sweetener (I use granular swerve)
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Optional, For Serving:
cooked cauliflower rice
1. If moist, pat steak dry using paper towels. Thinly slice into 1/4 inch thick strips, and toss them in a large bowl with corn starch until well coated. Set aside.
2. Peel and remove veins from the shrimp. If moist, pat them dry with paper towels. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, add all sauce ingredients. Occasionally stir as you bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, about 5 minutes. Once it starts to simmer, reduce to low heat to keep the sauce warm while you cook the steak and shrimp.
4. In a large wide pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat for a few minutes or until hot.
5. Add sliced beef to the hot pan and cook until mostly browned, a few minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
6. Add shrimp to the pan in a single layer. Cook until they start to become pink around the edges, and then flip them. Cook for another minute or until cooked through.
7. Return the beef to the pan and pour the sauce on top. Stir for a minute to let the beef and shrimp soak up the sauce. Turn off the heat.
8. Stir in scallions and serve immediately, optionally pairing with cooked cauliflower rice.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: