Massy SLU confirms COVID cases, contact tracing ongoing
Massy Stores St Lucia has confirmed that employees of the company have tested COVID-19 positive.
In a release, Massy stated: "We can confirm thus far that our company has been touched by the virus. Those affected are currently in isolation, and from all indications, doing well undergoing care. We will continue to maintain their privacy, therefore no further details on the personal identity of the affected employees will be disclosed.
The safety of all our team is very important to us and as such the necessary contact tracing procedures are being followed.
We fully appreciate the need to balance protecting the private medical information of team members who may have COVID-19, while also ensuring the continued safe operations of all of our locations.
- Through the contact tracing process, a list of all persons who may have had direct contact with the individuals has been identified and contacted by the Ministry of Health
- Individuals who have been identified as close contacts have been tested and quarantined as required
- The location where the individuals operate has undergone several deep cleaning sessions with very specific focus on areas of high touch areas inclusive of offices.
- Working closely with the Ministry of Health’s protocols, the company is monitoring the situation very closely to ensure that all business operations across locations can continue to operate safely to serve valued customers.
- In that regard some additional equipment has already been purchased to enhance the sanitation practices at all locations.
- Once they have been cleared by the Ministry of Health, every effort will be made to ensure the reintegration of the affected team members into the workplace, as there is no place for stigmatization and discrimination at Massy Stores.
We will continue to do all within our control to keep staff, suppliers, customers and all within our premises safe. Importantly we encourage everyone to diligently practice the COVID-19 safety protocols – hand hygiene (washing and sanitizing), social distancing (minimum 6 feet apart), wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth when out in public or in close proximity to others, limiting social interactions and holding each other accountable at all levels.
Customers are also welcome to use our Curbside service, available via the Massy Stores mobile app or via our website at www.massystoreslu.com."
Massy also stated: "For the last nine months we have been strengthening our COVID-19 protocols and simultaneously
preparing for worst-case scenarios by working closely with the health authorities and putting business
continuity measures in place.
To date we have restructured all of our Operations (stores, warehouses and offices) with safety in mind, while emphasizing at every opportunity to both staff, customers and the public at large the need to follow all national health and safety measures and protocols. We have placed significant resources towards this and will continue to look for ways to enhance our overall COVID -19 response.