Prime Minister Chastanet asks St Lucians to wear masks in public
Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has posted guidelines on protocols for being in public spaces, with special consideration to shopping, to his official Facebook page as the nation shifts from a 24-hour curfew to a 10-hour curfew from 7 pm to 5 am.
"As of Tuesday, April 7 2020, we are relaxing the 24-hour curfew to allow persons the opportunity to purchase items Food, Medication, Petrol, Cooking Gas, Banking and a few other scaled-down services as noted in Statutory Instrument #54.
The new curfew will be from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM. Please remain within the prescribed zones.
These are some of the Protocols which we will like persons to practice when in public, especially when shopping:
- Wear a mask when in Public
- Practice Social Distancing in and outside of Shops
- Only shuttles to and from community shops allowed
- Only 2 people allowed in a vehicle within the zones
- Purchase at your nearest community shop
Self Quarantine measures remain in effect. The Police will Enforce these measures!"