St Lucians can soon apply for driver’s licences online
As of June 25, 2020, St Lucians will be able to apply for their driver’s licences online via the Government of Saint Lucia’s Integrated Services Platform (digiGov).
DigiGov is a web-based platform that makes it easier and more convenient for people, businesses, and other governments to digitally submit applications and make payments to Saint Lucia’s public services.
This platform aims to provide 154 government services online in the next two years.
According to Acting Director of Public Sector Modernization, Marlon Narcisse, this transformation will take St Lucia to the next stage of its development.
“This is the start of a digital transformation journey where we’re going to be implementing 154 services in the next two years.”
The Department of Transport will be the first public service sector where the new online platform will be implemented allowing persons to apply, renew or replace lost, stolen or damaged driver’s licences online.
“The DigiGov platform will make applying for your driver's licence in the first instance a very efficient process. We have redefined the processes completely and the speed of delivery would be second to none. You can actually apply for your driver’s licence 3 months in advance of the expiry date.”
Ministries covered under the scope of the project’s two-year plan include:
- Ministry of Economic Development, Housing, Urban Renewal, Transport and Civil Aviation
- Attorney General's Chambers Ministry of Health and Wellness
- Ministry of Education, Innovation, Gender Relations and Sustainable Development
- Ministry of Home Affairs, Justice and National Security
- National Insurance Corporation
- St Lucia Electoral Department
- Ministry of Commerce, International Trade, Investment, Enterprise Development and Consumer Affairs
- Ministry of Finance, Economic Growth, Job Creation, External Affairs and the Public Service
- Ministry of Finance, Economic Affairs and Social Security
Employees within the various sectors will not be affected by the introduction of the new online platform. They will, however, be trained and deployed into new roles at the various departments, for example, Service Bureau Agents who will assist walk-ins who apply for the online service.
Online support will also be provided for the new service.
To sign-up, visit https://www.digigov.govt.lc,