St Lucia's passport is the 6th most powerful in Caribbean
St Lucia retains the sixth most powerful passport in the region.
According to the 2019 Henley Passport Index, it holds its position at 31st globally, offering visa-free travel to 145 countries.
Barbados still reigns as the most powerful passport in the region, ranking at 24, but is down a few spots from 2018 when it ranked at 21. The Bahamas has also slipped a few spots, ranking at 26, down a few spots from 2018 when it ranked at 23.
The top 10 most powerful passports in the Caribbean for 2019 are:
1. Barbados, ranking at #24 with visa-free access to 159 countries
2. The Bahamas, ranking at #26 with visa-free access to 154 countries
3. St. Kitts, ranking at #27 with visa-free access to 151 countries
4. Antigua, ranking at # 28 with visa-free access to 150 countries
5. Trinidad and Tobago, ranking at #30 with visa-free access to 148 countries
6. St. Lucia, ranking at #31 with visa-free access to 145 countries
7. St. Vincent and the Grenadines, ranking at #32 with visa-free access to 144 countries
8. Grenada, ranking at #33 with visa-free access to 143 countries
9. Dominica, ranking at #36 with visa-free access to 137 countries
10. Belize, ranking at #53 with visa-free access to 101 countries
For the second year in a row, the Japanese passport is the most powerful in the world.
According to the 2019 Henley Passport Index, Japan beat out Singapore and South Korea, which tied for second place and France and Germany, which ranked third.
As the most powerful passport in the world, the Japanese passport offers visa-free travel to 190 destinations.
The top 10 most powerful passports in the world for 2019 are:
2. Singapore and South Korea: visa-free access to 189 countries (two-way tie)
3. France and Germany: visa-free access to 188 countries (two-way tie)
4. Denmark, Finland, Italy, and Sweden: visa-free access to 187 countries (four-way tie)
5. Luxembourg and Spain: visa-free access to 186 countries (two-way tie)
6. Austria, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States: 185 countries (seven-way tie)
7. Belgium, Canada, Greece, and Ireland: visa-free access to 184 countries (four-way tie)
8. Czech Republic: visa-free access to 183
9. Malta: visa-free access to 182 countries
10. Australia: visa-free access to 181 countries
Check out the full Henley Passport Index for 2019.