18-year-old remanded for Vieux Fort headless body homicide
Created : 2 March 2020
Police have confirmed that Hansley Louis, who was speculated to have been found headless in an old coal pit along the Vieux-Fort/Micoud highway, was indeed a victim of homicide.
Corporal Ann Joseph of the Police Press Relations Office spoke to reporters at a police press conference earlier this morning, Monday, March 2, 2020.
She said that Hansley Louis sustained a fatal blow to his head in Wannay, Vieux Fort.
She revealed that Marvin Dauphin, an 18-year-old resident of Wannay, Vieux Fort, has been charged with causing the death of Louis and that he has been taken to court and is remanded for a later date this month.
Loop News had spoken previously with Louis' aunt who said that the family strongly believed that the body was that of their relative due to photos showing tattoos of his torso as well as clothing that matched what he was last wearing.
Police did not comment on the forensic testing where samples were sent abroad in view of identifying the body.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: