Barbados has 24 COVID-positive cases as of March 26, 8 pm
Prime Minister Mia Mottley
"Barbados has 24 (COVID-19) positive test results."
This announcement was made by the Prime Minister of Barbados Mia Mottley tonight (March 26).
With the last national update on Tuesday, Acting Chief Medical Officer Dr Anton Best explained that over the past two days, three persons were diagnosed daily.
To date, Barbados has conducted 207 tests over the past three weeks. Of the 24 cases, 13 are women, 11 are males.
Majority of the cases, 13, are imported, and the majority of those patients are Barbadians with a travel history. Ten (10) cases were diagnosed through contact tracing and one is under investigation.
Prime Minister Mottley stressed: "COVID-19 is not rampant or running free in Barbados."
Speaking to the condition of the 24 patients, she shared that in the care of the COVID-positive patients "not used one ventilator" has been used in their treatment so far. She said that by far their conditions are mild.
Barbados' Cabinet has taken the decision to move the country from Stage 2 to Stage 3 in its management and response to COVID-19.
Barbados will have a curfew in effect from this weekend.
Prime Minister Mottley said that from Saturday, March 28 at 8 pm, anyone who is not a part of the essential services should not be outside between the hours of 8 pm and 6 am. Initially, the curfew is to end April 14, with the first day of return to a 24-hour lifestyle commencing on Wednesday, April 15. However, this date is not set in stone, she stressed.