One new case of COVID-19 in St Lucia, over 200 negative tests
Today Saturday, November 21, 2020, the Ministry of Health received confirmation of one new case of COVID-19.
This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in-country to date to 204.
Case #204 is a 27-year-old female from the Castries district.
The individual was assessed and tested for COVID-19 and placed in quarantine by a health practitioner while awaiting test results. Investigations are ongoing to determine the existence of any epidemiological link associated with this case.
As per protocol, arrangements have been made to place the individual into care.
The Ministry of Health is pleased to announce that on Friday, November 20, 2020, a batch of 105 negative test results were received.
On Saturday, November 21, 2020, a total of 116 negative results were received.
In accordance with the Ministry of Health’s protocol, all individuals who have negative test results are also contacted to be informed of the results.
We encourage all members of the public to continue partnering with the Ministry of Health by practicing daily the infection prevention and control measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Wash and sanitize hands often during the day
- Ensure a mask is always used while in public and ensure it covers both the mouth and nose
- Sanitize frequently touched surfaces often using a bleach solution
- Follow the floor markers in public spaces to maintain the recommended physical distance.
- If experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care immediately at the closest respiratory clinic
- Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms