School reopens for Grade 6 and Form 5 on Wednesday, June 3
The Department of Education wishes to inform the public, having concluded several consultations with stakeholders, of the reopening of school for Grade 6 and Form 5 students on Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
Parents and guardians should note the following:
• Health protocols have been shared to ensure a safe and healthy school environment for all
• Schools have been furnished with contact information of health care professionals and RSLPF personnel who will assist with the adherence to and enforcement of protocols
• Access to the school premises outside of drop off and pick up times, will not be permitted without the explicit approval of the Principal
• Parents and guardians of secondary school students should get their child’s/ward’s timetable from the school
• Parents and guardians are encouraged to liaise closely with their schools
Teachers are expected to report to their respective schools on Tuesday, June 2, 2020, for final preparation.
The Department wishes to remind stakeholders and the public that we all have a part to play in ensuring that the reintegration of our students and teachers into schools is seamless.
The Department will continue to engage with all stakeholders, saying that "together we endeavour to preserve the health and safety of all within the education system."
The Department reaffirms its commitment to affording children and teachers the best learning and teaching experience even during this period.
The Ministry also reminds parents and guardians to continue to follow the recommended COVID-19 protocols by ensuring hands are properly sanitized, maintaining social distancing of no less than six-feet from others at all times, and the wearing of face-masks once you’ve left your homes.